Garmin Power Course and TCX Power Route files allow you to load your Best Bike Split race power plans onto your Garmin devices to use during your races. When running during a race, power alerts will pop up at the bottom of your screen to indicate the proper power target based on specific latitude and longitude points along the course. These courses must be manually loaded to your Garmin device as Garmin Connect does not yet support power alerts. Instructions for loading these files are shown below:
Before starting, make sure you always have the latest firmware installed on your device.
Data Fields for All Edge Devices
We recommend the following data fields when using Garmin Power Courses on your device. These settings will help guide your actions as power target alerts are prompted.
- 3 Second Power Average
- 10 Second Power Average
- 30 Second Power Average
- BBS Power Target (ConnectQ)
- CRS. Pt. Distance (not available on all devices)
Garmin Edge Devices (without maps)
Use the following screenshots to help you setup your Edge Device for optimal use with Garmin Power Courses.
- Load Garmin Power Course via File Download (.fit) or with BBS Race Sync Connect IQ APP
- Go to Menu -> Training -> Courses -> Course Options -> Turn Guidance and set to Off
- Go to Menu -> Training -> Courses -> Course Options -> Off Crs. Warnings and set to Off
- Go to Menu -> Training -> Courses -> Course Options -> Segments and set to Off
- Go to Menu -> Training -> Courses -> (BBS Course You are Racing) -> Settings -> Always Display and set to Off
- Go to Menu -> Training -> Courses -> (BBS Course You are Racing) -> Settings -> Course Points and set to On