While any ride that has GPS data, power and speed can be analyzed, a few extra steps can help get the most accuracy out of the analysis.
- Calibrate your power meter before the ride
- If possible use a dual sided power meter
- Record your data with a head unit or watch that has a barometric altimeter for elevation accuracy
- Use a speed sensor instead of relying on GPS for speed data
- Have an accurate weight of your bike in full race setup (not just advertised weight)
- Weigh yourself in full race/ride kit
- Make a note of the general weather to spot check the historical weather data we pull